- malt whisky
- nounwhiskey distilled in Scotland; especially whiskey made from malted barley in a pot still• Syn: ↑Scotch, ↑Scotch whiskey, ↑Scotch whisky, ↑malt whiskey, ↑Scotch malt whiskey, ↑Scotch malt whisky• Hyponyms: ↑Drambuie• Substance Holonyms: ↑Rob Roy
* * *whisky, as Scotch, made entirely from malted barley.
* * *malt whisky nounA whisky that is distilled entirely from malted barley• • •Main Entry: ↑malt
* * *an expensive type of whisky made in Scotland from malt , or a glass of this drink. Malt whisky is often simply called malt .
* * *high quality ↑whisky from Scotland; a glass of thisSee also: ↑malt
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
Malt whisky — is whisky that is made from a fermented mash produced primarily from a malted grain. Unless otherwise specified, it is generally assumed that the primary grain is barley, although whisky is also made using malted rye. A whisky made from malted… … Wikipedia
malt whisky — malt whiskies N MASS Malt whisky or malt is whisky that is made from malt. ...a miniature bottle of malt whisky... I got a bottle of my best malt out of the sideboard. N COUNT A malt whisky is a glass of malt whisky … English dictionary
malt whisky — malt whiskey malt whiskey, malt whisky malt whisky . A whiskey distilled in Scotland (esp. whiskey made from malted barley in a pot still); Scotch whisky. Syn: Scotch, Scotch whiskey, Scotch whisky. [WordNet 1.5] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Malt-Whisky — Malt|whis|ky, (auch:) Malt Whis|ky [ mɔ:lt...], der; s, s [engl. malt whisky, aus: malt = Malz u. whisky, ↑Whisky]: schottischer Whisky, der aus reinem Malz hergestellt wird … Universal-Lexikon
malt whisky — ► NOUN ▪ whisky made only from malted barley and not blended with grain whisky … English terms dictionary
malt whisky — UK / US noun [countable/uncountable] Word forms malt whisky : singular malt whisky plural malt whiskies an expensive type of whisky made in Scotland from malt, or a glass of this drink. Malt whisky is often simply called malt … English dictionary
malt whisky — noun Whisky made only from malted barley. See Also: grain whisky, single malt whisky … Wiktionary
malt whisky — malt′ whis′ky n. vin whisky, as Scotch, made entirely from malted barley • Etymology: 1935–40 … From formal English to slang
malt whisky — whisky, as Scotch, made entirely from malted barley. * * * … Universalium
malt whisky — noun whisky made only from malted barley and not blended with grain whisky … English new terms dictionary